Long day of traveling, hot and somewhat humid weather plus hours of exploring around begged for something quick and simple. What’s quicker and easier than a BBQ and salad?
- mixed leaves, about 2 handfuls, torn by hand
- a twig or two of mint, parsley, and coriander, chopped
- 1 very ripe, unrefrigerated tomato (so you can really taste the flavour), roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to season
- freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil, combined to dress
- top with a handful of pinenuts
- Take your pork chops, season them with salt and pepper, and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Heat your BBQ to high, pop the chops on and reduce to medium flame. I like the bone and the fat charred a little but the meat remains fairly pink and moist.
Serve somewhere magical in the outdoors with a nice Riesling, we went with the Taylors Estate Riesling 2022. It hit the spot with the moderate fruit weight, and high and zesty acidity to bring all the flavours together. Is there a better match out there than pork and riesling?